Valentine’s Day and sweets go together hand-in-hand. Chocolates are great, but Bacon Bros. go the extra mile with treats for that special someone (and for ourselves, let’s be honest). This Valentine’s Day, share some love, and Peanut Butter Fudge Cake. They are basically the same thing, and If you don’t have a Valentine- more for you.
PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE CAKE
Cake: makes 2 rings of cake. Wet batter equals 2 cups per cake mold lined with tin foil with a cake round underneath and sprayed with non-stick spray
1 ½ cups of dark chocolate
1 cups butter
1 cups sugar
2 t vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 t baking powder
2 pinch salt
1. In a double boiler melt butter and chocolate together.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs then add sugar and vanilla whisk until fully incorporated.
3. Add melted chocolate and butter and whisk for 5 minutes. Add dry ingredients and fully incorporate.
4. Scoop out 2 cups of goo per cake pan, bake for 35 minutes at 350.
5. Let cool completely before assembling.
Peanut butter filling:
3 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 t vanilla extract
2 cups peanut butter
1 cups crushed toasted peanuts
1. Whisk the cream, vanilla and sugar together until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl whisk the peanut butter and peanuts until very smooth and creamy.
3. Gently fold in the whipped cream into the pb mixture little by little until fully incorporated.
4. Set aside.
1 ½ cups of heavy cream
1 ½ cups chocolate dark in double boiler melt until fully incorporated.