Everyone knows that the best part of Thanksgiving dinner is the leftovers. In that spirit, we are now serving our famous Thanksgiving Sandwich. This sandwich proved so popular last year that we knew we had to bring it back for our guests again. But don’t wait – the Thanksgiving Sandwich will only be available for thirty days!
We put a lot of love and hard work into every step of building the Thanksgiving Sandwich.
Now that all of our homemade ingredients are in place, it’s time to build the perfect Thanksgiving Sandwich. It goes a little like this:
· 6 ounces of smoked turkey breast and thigh are placed on a slice of sourdough bread.
· The turkey is topped with the cornbread stuffing.
· We slather another piece of sourdough bread with mayonnaise and the cranberry sauce.
· The sandwich is pressed together. We make these sandwiches in advance so that they may be wrapped tightly in plastic wrap. This helps to give the dish the same comforting flavor as the “day after Thanksgiving” sandwiches we all know and love.
· When you order a Thanksgiving Sandwich at Bacon Bros, they are cooked with butter on our flattop grill to crisp up the bread.
· We then finish the sandwich by pouring a generous amount of the rich turkey gravy.
And, voila, the best sandwich ever! For the next 30 days that is…